“You” means any end user of a service provided by Believe or any individual whose Personal Data is collected by Believe. “Your” will be construed accordingly.
“We” or “BELIEVE” means Believe, a company incorporated under the laws of France under registration number Paris 481 625 853, and each of its affiliates. “Our” and “us” will be construed accordingly
“Personal Data” means any personal data related to YOU (i.e., information by which YOU are individually identifiable or related to YOU as identified) as collected by BELIEVE.
“Service” means any product or service used by YOU as provided by BELIEVE (including websites).
2. PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION
2.1 Why does BELIEVE collect Personal Data?
BELIEVE needs your Personal Data in order to provide Services (for example: pay YOU, distribute your music, answer your questions, keep track of your account, collect fees, provide new opportunities, contact YOU for update purposes, optimize the use of our website, deliver new products and a high-quality user experience).
2.2 What Personal Data does BELIEVE collect?
Personal collected by BELIEVE directly from YOU:
BELIEVE will need basic Personal Data that might, inter alia, consist of all or part of the following:
– Name of the end user or of the account holder;
– Postmail address and geographical position;
– Email addresses and phone numbers;
– Language spoken;
– Technical information as referred to in Section 5 below (cookies, IP address, etc)
– Credit/charge card information to collect from YOU various fees and charges for Services;
– Bank account and/or PayPal account details to pay money owed to YOU under the Services;
– Your social security number and/or tax identification number (if YOU sign up for Services that require collecting such information);
– Any personal information that will help remind YOU of your BELIEVE account login and/or password.
BELIEVE may also collect from YOU:
– any other Personal Data as YOU may communicate to BELIEVE from time to time by your own choice.
– non-Personal Data including: names of your songs and albums and the related artists; year that your recordings were made/released; name of the persons or entities that own and control the rights to the songs, albums and/or artwork delivered to BELIEVE. Such information may be used inter alia to keep track of how albums and/or songs are sold for ranking charts.
BELIEVE may also set up a system that allows YOU to purchase and/or send gift certificates or links to any content or Services to other BELIEVE users, family members, friends or contacts. To that end, BELIEVE may require personal information about the recipient, only for the purpose for which it is collected.
Personal collected by BELIEVE from third parties:
If YOU use our Services to connect to third party services (including “Social Media Platforms” as defined above), BELIEVE may also archive certain information about YOU and your activities, including but not limited to: user generated content (messages, posts, comments, pages, profiles, images, feeds or communications through the Social Media Platforms, etc), additional customer profile information (age, gender, employer, profession, geographic location, education information, financial status, habits and preferences, etc).
3. PERSONAL DATA USE
3.1 Use of Personal Data by Believe
BELIEVE, as a data controller, processes your Personal Data mainly to:
– manage your BELIEVE account,
– provide YOU and other customers with the Services (including settings of the content delivery to third parties, identifying content, proposing a website or any web tool, etc),
– maintain, secure and improve its Services and operating system,
– ensure the Service and the use of the Service by YOU comply with the applicable laws.
From time to time BELIEVE might also present YOU a voluntary survey or questionnaire about our current or possible future services or products.
3.2 Does BELIEVE disclose Personal Data to anyone?
By using a BELIEVE Service, YOU agree that BELIEVE shall have the right to provide information related to the sales of your recordings to third parties, to aggregate such information in charts and other comparative informational materials, and to disseminate the same in any manner.
Your personal information may also be disclosed to third parties if BELIEVE is required to do so by law. Furthermore, if BELIEVE receives notification that a content YOU have posted online using a Service infringes on the rights of a third party, BELIEVE may, in its good faith discretion, disclose your contact information to such third party.
3.3 Where is stored or transferred the Personal Data?
Notwithstanding the above, when the law applicable to your Personal Data requires to store it in your own country, it may be stored accordingly.
3.4 How long does BELIEVE keep your Personal Data?
BELIEVE will keep your Personal Data as long as your BELIEVE account is not closed, provided YOU have not validly requested a deletion under Section 6 below.
Please note that some of your data may remain in our records even after your account is closed (for example to prove use of the Services, to process third parties claim within the applicable statute of limitation, etc.)
4. PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
BELIEVE will take appropriate administrative, technical, physical measures to safeguard your Personal Data against theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration. BELIEVE has used and will continue using commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the protection of your Personal Data.
Although there will always be people attempting to steal information, We follow the industry accepted security standards designed to safeguard and prevent unauthorized access to, disclosure of and use of your Personal Data. We use Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) encryption for credit card and other bank transactions. Due to this level of security, YOU must use an SSL-enabled browser such as Safari, Netscape Navigator 3.0 (or a later version), or Internet Explorer.
In addition, BELIEVE will restrict employee access to databases containing Personal Data and impose confidentiality requirements upon employees who need to know such information.
YOU will be given discretion to create a user name and password that only YOU know to protect access to your BELIEVE account. To further protect your information, YOU should change your password often and only use a browser that supports SSL encryption.
5. TECHNICAL INFORMATION (IP addresses, cookies and others)
The BELIEVE Properties use the following types of cookies:
– Technical Cookies: necessary for the efficient functionality and navigation;
– Analytical Cookies: to monitor BELIEVE Properties performance and analyze traffic;
– Profiling Cookies: to create user profiles and deliver advertising messages that match with such profiles.
Many websites gather non-personal information and store it in log files (for example IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, etc). None of this information identifies YOU directly. BELIEVE may enable this technology for use as commonly accepted by industry practice.
YOU can set your browser to notify YOU when a cookie is enabled, allowing YOU to reject or disable it (consult the “Help” function of your browser). However, please note that some portion or functions of the BELIEVE Properties or its partners’ websites may not work as well or at all if YOU disable the cookies.
6. ACCURACY OF AND ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
YOU can help us keep your Personal Data accurate by updating such information whenever appropriate.
YOU have the right to:
– Access, rectify, and delete your Personal Data;
– Oppose the processing of your Personal Data for legitimate reasons; and
– Refuse the use of your Personal Data for marketing prospecting purposes;
provided that such rectification, deletion and opposition do not prevent BELIEVE from providing a Service.
To the attention of the Data Protection Officer
2 Place du colonel Fabien
Any claim about the use of your Personal Data by BELIEVE may be addressed to BELIEVE or, if needed, to the “Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés” (French National Commission for Data Protection and Liberties) through its website www.cnil.fr or to the following address:
3 Place de Fontenoy
75334 Paris Cedex 07
7. WARRANTY AND DISCLAIMER
7.1. YOU warrant to communicate to BELIEVE only your data and data about third parties YOU are duly authorized to communicate. Likewise, if YOU use a BELIEVE Service from a non-BELIEVE account, YOU warrant that this non-BELIEVE account is your personal account or is an account for which YOU have a permitted access and YOU are authorized to manage and administrate.
7.2. YOU defend and hold harmless BELIEVE against any and all claims or actions arising out of a breach of Section 8.1 above.
7.3. If BELIEVE launches community-based services (such as message boards, blogs, instant messaging, etc), please note that any information YOU share through one of this service is visible to other users and can be seen, collected and used by others. BELIEVE is not responsible for the personal data YOU choose to submit this way, YOU are solely responsible for any content that YOU post there.